As an Antioch, CA rental property owner, you should know that you don’t have to take on all the work yourself. In fact, many real estate investors prefer to hand over the day-to-day responsibilities of their rentals to property managers. This way, they can continue to earn passive income without having to do all the work.
Now you may be asking yourself: Where can I find a property management company near me? Well, if this sounds like you, you don’t have to wonder anymore. Today we’re going to share with you the best places to find property management companies near you.
How to Find a Property Management Company Near Me
Finding a property management company that is not only reliable but is also near you can be hard. This is especially true if you’re trying to build your rental portfolio and make more money. But remember, there are hundreds of thousands of property management companies in the country. And while not all them are in Antioch, CA, you can bet there are a lot to pick from near you. Here are some helpful tips for anyone asking the question “how do I find a property management company near me?”
1. Talk to Local Renters
If you want to learn about property management companies near you, the first people you should talk to are current renters. Renters make up 39.2% of all households in Antioch, CA. This means you’ll have plenty of people to talk to about their property managers. As a result, you’ll get real, honest opinions from renters that have contact with the property management companies you’re looking to hire. Here are some things to consider asking renters:
- How friendly is the property manager?
- What forms of communication do you and your property manager use?
- How often does the property manager come by for inspections?
- What happens when you have a maintenance or repair request?
- Have you ever needed to speak with the property owner?
- How did you feel the application and lease signing process went?
- What are your biggest complaints about your property manager?
- Will you renew your lease at the end of your tenancy if asked?
Nothing beats what current tenants can tell you about a property management company. If anything, their thoughts will help direct your search.
Just remember, your rental property stays occupied when your property manager provides good customer service. Don’t risk extended vacancies because you hire the wrong property manager.
2. Check the Property Management Company’s Official Website
One of the best ways to find a property management company near you is to run a simple Google search. In fact, you can just enter the search terms “good property management company near me.” Any property management company worth considering will have an updated business website that’s full of information. Here are some of the things you should look for in a property management company’s website:
- Areas they serve
- List of services
- Management fees and guarantees
- Property owner portal
- Tenant portal or another place for tenants to pay their rent
- Blog section with helpful information
- Contact information
Lastly, always look for testimonials from satisfied property owners. Any business can claim they’re the best but only happy customers will rave about them for others to see.
3. View Online Ads
The property management company you choose should take a proactive approach to advertise your vacant property. That’s why checking out local ads for rental properties can lead you to a good property management company near you. Keep in mind, you don’t want to choose just any property management company that’s advertising rentals online. You’ll want to do your due diligence and research each company you come across to make sure they fit your needs. Plus, you’ll want to pay attention to the type of advertisements they’re running. For example, take a look at the kinds of photos they include in their ads to showcase an available property. Read the descriptions in full and see for yourself whether you’d be interested in leasing that property if you were in the market for a rental. Lastly, make sure the property management company makes it as easy as possible for interested tenants to get in touch. You don’t want your property manager failing to lease your property to high-quality tenants because getting in touch is too hard.
4. Network with Other Professionals
Every business knows and understands the power of word of mouth marketing. That’s why property management companies do their best to establish their reputations. Here are some of the best referral sources you can trust:
- Your investment partner
- A real estate agent (yours or one with a longstanding reputation)
- Other landlords in your area using property managers
- Those you meet at conferences or during Meetup Groups
- Other real estate professionals such as your real estate lawyer or tax preparer
Networking with others in your business field is a great way to get honest opinions about property management companies near you. That said, always take what others say with a grain of salt, and make sure to form your own opinions too. What works for others may not always work for you. And the opposite is sometimes true too.
5. Read Online Reviews
The reviews you read on a potential property management company’s website are not enough. After all, any business can cherry-pick the best reviews and put them on their website. To do otherwise would be bad business. That said, property management companies have less control over the reviews that appear on other places across the internet. And that’s where you need to look. Here are some of the best places to look for reviews about property management companies:
- Glassdoor.com and Related Websites: there’s a lot of value to be found in the feedback of employees of a property management company. Company culture can make or break a business, even one in the real estate industry. Read up on how others feel about working for the property management company you’re thinking about hiring and see if they seem like a good fit for you.
- Yelp, Angie’s List, Zillow, and Related Websites: online review sites are full of the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to doing business with anyone. You can bet a property management company near you will be listed on at least one of those sites. The reviews you read are likely to help you narrow your decision.
Hopefully you now have a better idea of how to find a good property management company near you in Antioch, CA. If you’re ready to enlist the help of a high-quality property manager, contact us at Blue Line Property Management.
We are a full-service property management company that focuses on transparent communication and accountability. But more than that, we aim to make owning a rental property easy on you, and leasing a rental property easy on your tenants so they’ll stay with you long term. And with extensive advertising of your vacant property and a 12-month tenant guarantee, we’ll help you maximize your ROI without you having to do any of the work.